Sunday 1 April 2012

Kate Winslet says Titanic theme song makes her want to 'throw up'

KATE Winslet said hearing "My Heart Will Go On," the Oscar-winning song from Titanic, makes her sick, in an interview with MTV.

"Like throwing up," Winslet said when asked her feelings when she hears the tune, from the 1997 James Cameron film in which she played the lead role of Rose DeWitt Bukater.

"I wish I could say, 'Oh listen, everybody! It's the Celine Dion song!' But I don't," she continued about her reaction.

"I just have to sit there, you know, kind of straight-faced with a massive internal eye roll."

The English actress, who appeared in the movie opposite actor Leonardo DiCaprio, also expressed her dismay when fans try to get her to sing the song.

"I did a talk show recently in Italy and they actually had a live pianist who started gently playing the theme song. I was ... urged to go and sing it as though I had in fact sung it myself in the first place. I was like, 'No! I'm not going to do that.'"

Winslet, 36, is currently promoting the release of Titanic 3D. Titanic hit the big screen April 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment